SiteMap (Historical BU CMS wiki main page)
|NOTE: Old contents of BU CMS wiki. These (green) pages cannot be edited|
See www.hcal.info for more links to active TWikis
This page is a temporary site for documentation related to
radiation testing of SiPMs for CMS HCAL.
– (includes floor
plan of Cyclotron)
- Phone conference 11/9/07 –
Scatterer in the Radiation Test Beamline at the
Francis H. Burr Proton Therapy Center" –
paper on beam profiles
- "The Use of the Compensated Contoured Double
Hardware for Test
- SiPM boards, preamp board – Fermilab (Sergey Los)
- Dark box – Fermilab (Jim Freeman)
- LED Pulser, optical fiber, etc – Fermilab?
- Digital Scope (LeCroy LT584) – BU (Hazen)
- Bias supples: two options
- Keithley 6487 supplies (GPIB control) – CERN (Arjan) –
- Test beam setup (remote control via trimpot and VOM) – Ship from CERN, Fermilab design
- Computer (surplus CMS dual Xeon rackmount with Windoze XP) – BU (Hazen)
- HP8112A Pulser – Manual
- NI PCI-GPIB interface – BU (hazen)
- NI PCI-6024E interface (if needed, 12-bit analog (16 in, 2 out) plus DIO/counters – BU (Hazen)
Updated C++ program for decoding (includes sample waveforms)
We have a LeCroy Waverunner LT584 scope. It is supported by various
software (unfortunately all for Windows).
and allows interactions with a picture of the front panel. With the scope
set up to record a large number of segments, it isn't a bad way to transfer
data, but requires a human to push buttons.
- Scope Explorer is a simple remote control program, which shows the display
transfer from any Microsoft programming language.
- ActiveDSO ActiveX control -- in principle allows complete control and data
Installed Visual Basic 2005 Express (free). Can easily use ActiveDSO
to control and readout scope.
sample VB program
4 channels of native (binary) waveform (all segments) and writes to a binary file.
This takes ~ 2.5 seconds over ethernet. Of course, one would need to write an
analysis program to make sense of the data. Reading and storing ascii data in
a text file is much slower.
callable from (i.e.) visual basic.